The world is run by brands and service-oriented organizations these days while you cannot simply comprehend how much money the corporate sector of the world generates nowadays. By June 2013, it was estimated that nearly $10.5 trillion was in circulation globally. This just goes to show that we are living in a world flagged with various names and banners, and this is where mastering your web marketing practices can mean all the difference you can make in the current and coming years for your brands and businesses. Majority of the businesses nowadays have shifted online with Amazon.com Inc. making $177 billion by the end of 2017 and that is just crust of it, even smaller establishments are doing great these days with selling their products and services online with the help of social media platforms.
If you really want to excel in the corporate world today then you need to realize how important web marketing is, since it takes into account all the various types of online marketing and forms of advertising for your brands and businesses while promoting them to newer prospects. It is indeed a broad category and includes numerous marketing activities conducted online, however, it is email marketing that seems to be neglected the most and in this post, we would like it to reclaim its long-forgotten spot as favorite amongst marketers. So let’s get you into integrating one of the oldest and most effective forms of marketing tool that has existed for online prospects and businesses seeking to grow their clientele.
What is Email Marketing?
For those who do not know about email marketing, it is simply sending commercial messages to a particular group of people (the targeted audience) while using electronic messaging system commonly referred to as email in present times. It is the type of correspondence and marketing that is especially accomplished through using the aforementioned channel of communication.
How Does It Work?
The essence of all marketing campaigns and practices revolves around your clientele and customers, and this is where email marketing comes into play as well. It can offer you the following advantages:
- Build long-term bonds and relationships with your prospects and targeted audience
- Augment your sales through planned and strategic discounts and promotional offers
- Offer your brand and businesses the recognition they deserve through consistent exposure
- Strengthen brand loyalty and enhance customer relationships through repeat purchases
But like any marketing strategy you need to know how the fundamentals play out and in email marketing, you require email addresses, to begin with. You can collect and assimilate emails of your prospective clients through website visitors, offering a free item in return for filling out an information form, or by simply asking your customers to request their friends, family, and relatives to share their email with you.
What Do You Need To Do?
Email marketing is a based on completely well-defined strategy and heavily emphasizes that you know what you are dealing with rather going in unprepared and landing yourself on a barrel. Here is what you need to do;
- Define your goals and develop a strategy that takes into consideration KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Assimilate and build your correspondent list for sending your emails which can take into account known contacts as well as starting from scratch if you want a complete overhaul.
- Offer incentives, free services like marginally priced shipments or great discounts on first orders.
- Your emails can comprise various types of campaigns including event invitations, marketing offers, newsletter, and special announcements.
- Your focus and strategy should incorporate customer data such as demographics, geographical locations, market size, past, and recent activities, as well as workflow activity.
- You can also use your email marketing for segmentation of your prospects into existing customers and new subscribers.
- You have to make sure that your emails always build the image of your brand and the trust factor is an absolute must.
- In many cases, timing is of the essence and that is why you need to strategize as to what time your email is received by your prospect and what part of the day it is for them.
- Instead of simply sending promotional items, use the Pareto Principle where 80% pertains to valuable information and the rest 20% is dedicated to your promotional offer.
- Finally, it is now time to measure your result and see how effectively you have managed your targets.
Important Email Factors & Features to Consider
Since it is very much indeed a written form of communication, which is why the message that you sent out there needs to be explicitly well composed and fantastically written. If you need help to create an email with spectacular grammar and written message for your clients then perhaps seeking professional essay writing service could do you good as well. Nevertheless, your email should comprise of the following important aspects:
- Valuable incentives and an easy to use subscribing option.
- Compelling content that can include header bar, sliders, and sidebars.
- Content should be dedicated to easy reading practices.
- Must include images and visual graphics to augment your customer’s engagement.
- All emails must be personalized since they are definitely more effective than generic ones.
- They should be relevant for each customer and not feel like something that came out of the blue.
- We are living in 2018, so your emails must be optimized for all sorts of devices, smartphones, and tablets.
- Your emails can include company information, customer feedbacks, FAQs, infographics, product updates, trade shows, and
We hope that the above-mentioned guidelines and tips will enable and empower you to utilize the hidden potential of email marketing within your web marketing practices. It should not come as a surprise to you that email marketing has been observed to produce a 122% ROI across many industries and various markets across the globe when implemented appropriately. That is four times higher than any other marketing format including social media and paid search. With nearly 3.7 billion email users by 2017, we strongly recommend tapping into this potentially untapped customer galore. With nearly 269 billion emails sent and received on a daily basis, you should know how widely used this platform is. With that note, we wish you all the best for all future endeavors and marketing exploits.
Jasmine Freeman is an avid online marketer who has worked with various international brands as an expert and stagiest. In his free time, he likes to write and offer tutorship for fresh young and aspiring minds of tomorrow at an internationally based essay writing service online.